BIKE FITTING AT CAFÉ VENTOUX
The All ‘NEW Wattbike Bike Fitting Service..
We are pleased to announce that we have the countries first revolutionery Wattbike bike fitting service at Cafe Ventoux. Working closely with Wattbike we are able to offer the ultimate bike fitting service where you don’t just feel as though you are riding in a better position after the fitting but you can see the performance data that supports this.
This service can take upto 2 hours for the complete bike fitting service, so get in touch to discuss your particular needs.
Lee Wigginton – Head Of Bike Fitting
Started cycling as a juvenile for Melton Olympic CC in 1992, competing in road, timetrials and track events. As a junior he rode events such as The Junior Tour of Wales for the East Midlands Centre of Excellence.
In winter Lee competed in cyclocross events across the East Midlands to keep a good level of fitness. In 1996 he gained his 1st cat road licence, riding for Bradgate Road Club nationally and internationally.
In 1999 Lee joined the RAF and and raced for The Royal Air Force competing in events from The Girvan 3 day event in Scotland to the Isle Of Man cycling week. In 2004 he was part of a 4 man RAF team for the RAAM (Race across America). A 3000 mile ultra endurance event in which the team, finishing 3rd place and all filmed by the BBC for a documentary.
2013 saw Lee ride La Marmotte, 2014 he conquered the 3 peaks cyclocross event and more recently in 2016 a 24hr pairs mountain bike event which saw a return to the podium for him
Lee worked at Rutland cycles for six years up until joining the cafe ventoux team as Head of Bike fitting and retail sales.
Full Wattbike Bike Fitting Service – £180
The correct setup is crucial to maximise performance, prevent injury and ensure the most comfortable riding position on the Wattbike, which is then transferred to a customers own bike. Pedalling technique is analysied to encourage the rider to become more efficient and powerful. Set up takes account of various body shapes, bone length discrepancy, flexibility/core strength and injury history.
Areas covered are:
- Physical evaluation and history
- Saddle fitting – we measure your sit bones using our idmatch system to ensure you have the correct saddle match
- Cleat setting
- Saddle adjustment both in height and fore-aft
Basic Bike Fitting Service – £50.00
Basic bike fitting includes :
- Saddle adjustment in height and fore-aft
- Reach and drop adjustment
- Bar rotation adjustment to bring the controls in position for both comfort and safety
Selle Italia Saddle Fitting Service – £40
- idmatch is Selle Italia’s revolutionary new system which enables you to choose the ideal saddle. A sophisticated algorithm with a few simple body measurements will offer each rider the best solution in terms of comfort and performance.
Cleat Fitting Service – £40
- When riding a bike it is vital that the contact points are fitted correctly, and everything starts at the feet. Poorly or incorrectly aligned cleats will result in discomfort and possible long term injury. So time spent on having your cleats fitted properly will vastly improve your riding experience.
- Monday: (closed, other than Spring/Summer Bank Holidays see below)
- Tuesday: 10am – 5.00pm (For Wattbike studio see booking page)
- Wednesday: 10am – 5.00pm (For Wattbike studio see booking page)
- Thursday: 10am – 5.00pm (For Wattbike studio see booking page)
- Friday: 10am – 5.00pm
- Saturday: 08:45am – 5.00pm
- Sunday: 08:45am – 5.00pm
- (Spring & Summer Bank Holiday Mondays & Fridays – we will Open 10am – 4pm)
- (Tuesdays following a Spring/Summer Bank Holiday we will close to give the team a day off)
Additional Opening times will be applied for evening events held within Cafe Ventoux. Notices of events will be posted on Facebook/Twitter and the website home/’Events’ page.
Route 64 – National Cycle Way
0116 259 8063